I just found an awesome article called
Inventory Management 101 on the blog SL for Nowt. The thing that hooked me was the line “I began with 30,000 items, and in two days got that down to below 20,000.” If that has you interested then check it out at http://sl4nowt.wordpress.com/inventory-management-101/. It is a long and detailed article, but definitely worth not just a read but a favorite bookmark. I soooo wish that I found this page in October last year when I first got to SL.
The topics covered are as follows and I have included direct links, if you want to go straight to a particular topic:
General inventory posts:
- The Basics – 01 – Inventory sorting: Update and a useful tip!
- The Basics – 02 – Inventory icons explained
- I’m on a mission! – 30K and out of control
- Update, and a useful tip – What to do with all those landmarks
- Oops… I just added 600 items in two hours on a freebie spree!
- Skins: Frick Fabulous Freebies – 3 great skin and shape packs used to explain how to weed out what you don’t need and sort and file what you do
- Why inventory-sorting is so flipping important!
- Save money on texture uploads and ID your archived stuff
- Stealth Inventory Bloaters! – checking all the boxes when creating an outfit is not a good idea
- Stealth Inventory Bloaters! (part 2) – why size matters
- Baby Steps – sorting the mess of boxes and folders from two Feb 2009 Mega Valentines hunts
- Quick n’ Dirty Inventory Catalogue – perfect way of remembering what outfits look like
Thanks, Mar for this awesome post!