- Dates: November 1st – 14th
- Starting Point: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Shade/209/185/4001
- Official Blog: http://trappedinthe80s.blogspot.com/
- You will be searching high and low for vinyl records. Each will contain a folder with a prize and a landmark that brings you to the next location.
- Hints will be available on the official blog for those who are stumped!
- There’s a zero tolerance for harassing store owners or hunters throughout this hunt. Please be respectful and make this experience enjoyable for everyone involved.
- Keep lag in consideration and lower your rendering cost. What does that mean? Primmy items, accessories, and scripted ao’s and radars should preferably be turned off throughout the duration of the hunt. Just remember: Lag makes people unhappy campers!
- Spread the hunt out to a few days if it gets to be too much. There will be 30 vendors in all to ensure the fact that no one gets too crazy by the final destination.
- HAVE FUN. Bring a hunting buddy or group. Listen to some 80’s tunes and have a blast!
What to expect:
The hunt’s organizers, Intrigue Co., tell us to expect unisex clothes (yay! guys you don’t get shafted in this one), furniture, poses, gestures and more. “Everything you need to showcase your 80’s child within.” Based on the hints list that will be up when they start the hunt (http://trappedinthe80s.blogspot.com/2009/10/hints-trapped-in-80s.html) looks like they are planning on about 30 stops. So this will be a reasonably sized hunt but not over whelming. And you know you can also expect tons of fun with this kind of theme.